CM & Professional Development Information
New Teacher Development
The New Teacher Development Team develops and cultivates the leadership skills and mindsets necessary for systems-change through classroom teaching: We develop leaders who go beyond traditional expectations to advance the academic and personal growth of Jacksonville and Jefferson students and help to strengthen their schools. In doing so, they expand their perspectives, knowledge, and skill as educators, advocates, and systems-change leaders. Great teaching is necessary to ensure children realize their potential and have the full agency they need and deserve in life. Teaching is also a profound act of leadership, and foundational for courageous individual and collective leadership in the long fight for educational equity and excellence. In partnership with our broader organization, schools, families, local universities, other organizations, and businesses in the community, we provide initial training, ongoing professional development, and access to an unparalleled resource and support network.
Mandatory PD dates to mark on your calendars:
- All-Continuum Conferences (ACCs)
- Content Sessions (COT) - These vary by content. COT dates for 19-20
- Cultural Competency Sessions (CCS) - Coming soon!
- Pod Experiences (2CMs only)
- 1CM Supports & Expectations
- 2CM Supports & Expectations
- PD Absence Request Form - There are a number of TFA professional development events throughout the year, some of which are optional or have flexible timing and some of which are mandatory dates. We have so much important content to cover and try to also make PD and teaching sustainable by limiting mandatory touchpoints. All TFA corps members are expected to prioritize the mandatory, pre-scheduled development and mark them on their calendars. If you have a conflict that falls within our absence policy, please complete the Professional Development Absence Request Form at least a month in advance.